Here starts your advanture of exploring the most pretty, sexy and edgy photos of beautiful woman models and celebrities on flickr.

Have fun and subcscribe to the feed.

Enjoy !

Saturday, February 20, 2010

how venus/aphrodite lost her arms (against the hubris of allopathic physicians)

~Emmanuela~ has added a photo to the pool:


how



Of course a "peasant" recovered her from burial amongst the ruins—isnt that always the way. Long forgotten now . . . and surely blamed for his part in the loss of her arms.



But no. The goddess did not give up her limbs to the charitable act of being saved. Isnt it always the pillage rape and mounting to which we object. Mm hmm.



Well thats my version of the history. I feel a kinship with the statue. Why not. Above my version in photography unedited: shadows and light take my limbs.



This is a metaphor (my gay Jewish drag queen shaman is convinced somehow I have lost conversation with my symbols hrmph) for the reduction of self particularly via the odious channels of allopathic medicine. Praise to all of you who find comfort there. My life therein has been squandered. That is truth.



So this mediocre mind amongst what are ostensibly the greatest minds in the world says to me that I must allow him to be the physician.



I did not enter the room encased in leather. He did not pay for that treat. How the fuck I came to have the power to end his medical career I do not know. Why he was telling me he needed my permission to begin again I have no idea.



The man refused me treatment until or unless I was willing to convince him I would be completely different in my approach to healing and would grant him the opportunity to Be the Doctor.



Um.



Time to Go.



This I am certain is how Venus/Aphrodite lost her limbs: she just couldnt deal with the constant yammering of men as to the expectations of minor goddesses. She was only after all a statue.



Mm hmm.









self-portrait natural light.